I took a stroll last night, to clear my head
next to a lake by the woods by my home.
I approached the water, drawn by serenity,
and disrupted it with a kick out of anger.
I screamed, expecting to fall on deaf ears.
The water rippled out violently, carrying
far and wide the scars borne of contempt.
I stood and cried, giving in to my emotions.
As I uncovered my flowing eyes, I noticed
the water appeared once again untouched,
serene, reflecting the contempt in my eyes.
What a perfect sense of humor this lake has.
- oh-thateversmilingmaze likes this
- howdoyousolveaproblemlikemalia likes this
- poems-of-the-night-and-the-day likes this
- bobbysconscience likes this
- innerminds likes this
- middleofthenightdaydreams likes this
- littlewishingwell likes this
- unchartedlust likes this
- writeor-die likes this
- serenityroze likes this
- readinginbetweenthelies likes this
- straynotions likes this
- brittanyloggins likes this
- raisethecurve posted this